The Word.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Twitter


Being the slight internet sycophant that I am and constantly trying to gain acceptance and approval among my peers, it should come as no surprise that I have a twitter account as well, which is only slightly more successful than that of my blogging persona. Despite what the people say about how pointless twitter is and how bigheaded you have to be to think people actually care what you are doing every moment of the day (ex. "hot outside! not gonna run :p) I find it to be a positive outlet. If not for twitter, I would have to make multiple status's on facebook, annoying anyone of my friends who will now think I'm self obsessed. Whereas on twitter, everyone is just as self absorbed as I am, so no harm no foul am I right? of course I am, I tweeted about it. Still the fact remains, with great power comes great responsibility, I can't just tweet any old thing, (I'm not a celebrity after all, no one cares when I drink a smoothie) I have to keep it interesting to entice my followers, sometimes lying or "embellishing the truth" in order to make myself sound more interesting. It's exhausting, but worth it, after all, I have 25 more followers on Twitter than I Have here (sob)

No comments:

Post a Comment