The Word.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

College Visits: Lehigh

On the same cold, rainy April day that I visited Villanova, I also journeyed out to Bethlehem, PA and saw Lehigh. Overall the campus was one of the prettiest I've ever seen, and although it is on one giant hill, the walking isn't half as bad as it looks. The campus tour guides were all friendly, but for the most part not the most outgoing bunch, but they did answer any questions posed to them on the tour. Oddly enough, I got the only outspoken tour guide, which is a serious understatement because she was practically shouting the whole tour, and quickly lost her breath during our many treks up and around the campus. While on the tour, like any respectable school, they showed us some of the more grandeur buildings, at Lehigh, this would most definitely be the library. If you like libraries that literally transport you into a scene from Harry Potter, Lehigh is the school for you. The library was one of the coolest places I have ever seen, and looks like a great place to study when the weather's too cold to be outside on one of the many lawn's of Lehigh. Overall I thought Lehigh was a very nice school, although it is too focused on business and engineering for my taste. Some of the older buildings and commons areas inside the Dorm Rooms are in dire need of refurbishing, and I'm not a fan of their school color; Brown (it does nothing for my complexion)

No comments:

Post a Comment