The Word.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

College Visits: Villanova

Villa-no-fun? Villa-so-fun! I visited the Villanova campus on a cold, rainy April day, so my expectations for enjoying myself were a bit low. However, I was pleasantly surprised that the wind and weather didn't tarnish my views of the school. Not only is the campus BEAUTIFUL, but it is ever so close to the city of Brotherly Love (Philadelphia) and even shorter if you take the subway. The tour guides were very friendly and helpful, answering all my inane questions and not acting a bit annoyed, and the insides of the buildings were almost as beautiful as the outsides. Now I may be slightly biased, seeing as I look good in the color blue and have a penchant for coffee (Villanova has these Holy Ground's Coffee Shops all over the campus, and it taste like the sweet nectar of the god's). My only complaints about the school would be their ridiculous core curriculum, and dorm rooms that are a little on the small side. The dorm room situation mainly has to do with some of the older building not being quite up to date yet, and although the core curriculum sounds intense, it's an intense school, so it's a nice fit. All in all, I liked Villanova, and I recommend anyone considering it to take a visit up there and see it for themselves, If you don't like it, at least you still get to spend the weekend in Philly!

No comments:

Post a Comment