The Word.

Monday, April 18, 2011

College Visits: Bucknell

First of all this is a very late post so unfortunately I may not remember every little aspect of the school but hey, NO ONE READS THIS ANYWAY We were fortunate enough to go to Bucknell on an open-house for juniors so they day was centered all around selling the school. When we first came to the school, I noticed the slews of students standing in front of the auditorium entrance, wearing their Bucknell blue and orange, screaming "WELCOME TO BUCKNELL" as a bison danced on gleefully. Five minutes later, Bucknell was able to completely win me over with delicious snacks and an amazingly persuasive lecture. The following lecture and the student session were absolutely informative and interesting, I found out a lot about Bucknell's different programs (most importantly to me study abroad) and a little about student life. I really liked how many of the students at Bucknell can major, minor, or double major in many different and seemingly unrelated topics (for example, our tour guide was a double-major in chemistry and Spanish). For someone like myself, who is relatively undecided about what I want to do with my collegiate life, Bucknell was perfect in this regard. After this we had a lunch/information session and then a tour of the campus. The campus is gorgeous and spacious, and has just the right touch of an old campus feel without looking decrepit. All in all, Bucknell did everything right for their open house. My only complaint is: location, location, location! but even then, there are plenty of opportunities the school offers to get off campus, trips to New York, Philly, and DC should easily alleviate any cabin fever a student might have. So far, Bucknell has been my favorite college!

No comments:

Post a Comment