The Word.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

College Visits: Syracuse

Well I went to Syracuse over a month ago, so this post may be a little bit hazy but here we go.

Syracuse was the first college visit I went on with my dad, which was rather different from going on a visit with my mom. For one there was a lot more complaining about the long 6 hour drive through the mountains and quarries of the east coast than when I drie places with my mom, and a lot wierder conversations...but thats not what this post is about.

Our tour guide at the school was VERY funny, probably the best one I've had in terms of entertainment value. He was particularly interested in telling us about all the traditions and legends surrounding various aspects of the school, from the kissing bench to the inexplicable construction of the the building with no front door. The campus itself is really really pretty, but its rather unfortunate that the nice features like the quad can only be used one month out of the year do to crippling amounts of snow, but most of the building are within a reasonable walking distance of each other and not too inconvenient. The coolest part about the school (besides their mascot being an orange) is their communcations school which boast a SERIOUSLY impressive alumni and has state of the art facilities. As a side note, Marshell Street - which lies directly in front of the college - is a really cool street targeted at college kids who have a penchant for pita bread. Seriously there were 3 Pita resturaunts on the one street alone, that's more than I've ever seen in my entire life...

Overall I had a really great day visiting the 'cuse, and we were blessed to go on the one day a year it was above 60 degrees. My only complaints are the actual city of syracuse is incredibly dead and the weather is god-awful for a greater majority of the time you'd be up there. Other than that I loved the Orange

No comments:

Post a Comment