The Word.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Strange things did happen here...


I have to interrupt my riveting Scott Chuck comparisons for a moment as I tell my readers (all 3 of you) about my new favorite series of books (not replacing Harry Potter though). My school;s book club decided to start reading the first book in the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins as our next book of the year. At first I was reluctant to start reading it because the premise of teens killing teens on live television seemed weird and gory, but I finally relented to reading on one snowy January day, when my power was out. I became obsessed with the book approximately one hour later, when I had already gone throu 1/4 of the book. A day later I finished the book and asked for the next two for my birthday. I won't give away any of the books spoilers or anything, but I could NOT PUT THE BOOKS DOWN. I finished the last one today and am sad that they are over, but decided to highlight their awesomeness to the world with a pro and (very small) con list.

Pros

  1. It's a new idea (Like an incredibly high stakes Survivor)
  2. It's witty (characters are actually funny)
  3. Characters are likable
  4. PEETA
  5. Seriously, you won't be able to stop reading
  6. It's fast paced and never boring
  7. Suspenseful
  8. It's just fun to read
  9. Flupping awesome.

Cons (as if)
  1. It played with my emotions and made me depressed for a whole day.
  2. The main character is sometimes annoying/stupid
  3. Gale.
  4. Mental anguish
Anyways, I highly recommend this book to anyone who is a reader and even if you're not a reader, read it anyways. That way when the movie comes out next year, you won't be wondering what the hell is going on. Hunger Games is offically my second favorite book series.


EVER. (mind blowing isn't it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment