The Word.

Friday, June 24, 2011

20

Ten days have gone by since I started this post, and I think it's about time I mentioned that I am currently in Jolly Old England on vacation! I have the posting schedualed to come out at a certain time every day, so hopefully blogger does not betray me and it all goes according to plan, but enough about that, here is fact #20 that you've been DYING for. 

As much as I pretended to shiver at the thought of time travel in the books, today's fact is about time travel in the books.  Since Hermione was traveling back in time at least 2 hours a day five days a week in her 3rd year, she was gaining 10 extra hours every week.  Since she had to wait for time to catch up again every time she time traveled, she was 10 hours older than she should have been at the end of each week.  Hogwarts isn't in session for July and August, which means Hermione traveled back in time roughly (taking o ut holiday weekends) 38 weeks a year, so multiplying that together, plus the three hours she and Harry traveld backk at the end of the book, isn't Hermione at LEAST 15 days older than she should be?

Does YOUR head hurt too? you can thank the lovely people of MuggleCast who brought this mind-blowing subject to my attention (episode 59 for anyone who wants their brain to hurt further)

No comments:

Post a Comment