The Word.

Monday, July 11, 2011

3: Proper Potter Premiere Protocol

14. Naturally we are starting to get down to the nitty gritty facts.  I've already given you every fact I can think of concerning the night itself in overview, from when to get there, where to sit, what to wear, who to bring, and why I'm right.  Finally, the question you so desperately want to ask but are too uncomfortable to mention...."what about the bathroom?"
I want you to be her^

That is a good question and I'm happy you got up the courage to ask it! My advice for this is simple, avoid it at all costs.  Not so much that you're about to explode during the movie, but try to avoid your bladder reaching full capacity before the movie even starts.  Go to the bathroom during previews, then, if you still want to guzzle down that large Dr. Pibb you ordered, PACE YOURSELF.  The faster you drink it the more you'll have to go to the bathroom.  If you sip it like a delicate lady, than you will take on the persona of a delicate lady, who only needs to go to the bathroom at convenient times for everyone (see next month for my "steps on being a delicate lady" blog).  If you absolutely have to go to the bathroom, if your need to go becomes so urgent that you can't pay attention to the movie anymore, than wait for a not so pivotal scene.  For example, I was faced with this conundrum during the first movie, waited for the right time, and sprinted out to the bathroom during a long sequence scene of Ron being angry and the glorious English countryside, i didn't miss ANYTHING!

You may even have time for a casual mirror
So, if you have to go to the bathroom during the movie, you are already at an advantage because you read the book, and when the moment hits that a scene is miss-able, run for the bathroom, then run back as fast as possible.

Well I hope this was informative, if not sufficiently awkward for you to read and me to write.  But hey, the more you knowww....

No comments:

Post a Comment