The Word.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

It all ended.

Sorry this post is not, as I promised, coming out on July 15th but instead on July22nd, but I was dealing with the physical deterioration of my mental psyche which resulted from the ending of my childhood (metaphorically of course, I am still very much a precocious youngin'). Now that I have recovered enough to face my blog, here is how my POTTER PREMIERE WENT!!! (watch out kiddies, it's a long one)

10:30am - Drive my sister to work so I can have the car, lie about how early I am going to spare myself silent humiliation.
11:00am - speed to Mary's house and wait for her to load her bedroom into my car.
11:30am - (for some reason it took us awhile to get to the mall) SPRINT into the movie theatre only to find that we will not be getting the corner we were hoping for. Brief moment of despair followed by the stamping of the tickets.  More despair when we find out we can only stamp tickets for those of us present at the moment. Panicked text to other 5 people ensues.
12:00pm - Mary gets food I try unsuccesfully to get a new Nancy Drew game, and we both try to figure out where best to sit in line, we meet some nice potter fans (albeit a little strange, like us) who are helpful and nice. Daaaw
1:00pm - MARGOT ARRIVES! WITH SNACKS! We try and trick the ticket lad again into stamping the other three tickets, he figures out our ruse and deems me Public Enemy No. 1.  Determined to foil him, Margot and I find three unsuspecting mall teens and persuade them to come upstairs to the movie theatre and get our tickets stamped for us. Being nice, they do. Ticket lad does so unwittingly, until it dawns on him that I have won. Still Public Enemy No. 1.
2:30pm - Emily and Marylee arrive! I struggle to finish St. Joan while we have our first caffeine break.  We all eat Bertie Botts, and no one throws up! (although some were less than happy with their pickings)
4:00pm - To shake things up, I turn up the beatz and play Get Back to Hogwarts from AVPM.  Everyone REJOICES AND SINGS WITH ME! <3
5:15pm - for some unknown reason, they move us into our theatre already, people panic, run, scream, and rush their belongings out to the car, while my group and I get the good seats in the theatre, just as planned. (a lady from Chik-Fil-A hands us free sandwich coupons, hooray!)
5:30pm - Two people go and get our sandwiches, Kate and Lydi show up bring us MORE CANDY! You can feel the excitement in the room, Mary and I put on our costumes and Drahco returns.
9:00pm - Costume contest! Mary enters and get's 4th PLACE!!! we all cheer ourselves hoarse for her and have our second caffeine break.  I see people from my school and am a teensy bit embarrassed with myself.
9:30pm - OTHER DRAHCO SIGHTING <3 we take the picture we should have taken 6 months ago
10:00pm - Someone challenges me to answer a trivia question for a silly band. I ask for a Red VIne instead, answer the question easily, then act like an idiot as they video tape me. (It's like being drunk sometimes)
11:00pm - TRIVIA COMPETITION I enter, win, (kind of) then leave with a poster of Neville. By now, everyone is beside themselves with excitement
12:01am - It all ends.
2:15am - So does my childhood.

Tomorrow (actually seriously) I will post my thoughts on the ending of the series! WHAT A MIND BLOWING HUCKLEBERRY FROLIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment