The Word.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

At the Beach?

Get to work on that killer tan

Out of sheer boredom, I am blogging about my current location and how it is affecting me.

Currently, I am in Bethany Beach, DE. Currently it is 32 F outside, and at the end of December. oh yeah - there is also about half a foot of snow outside at our beach house. Now, when one thinks of a beach house, they think of a place to escape the cold weather and relax in the sun, working on a killer tan. NOT a place where you have to put on more layers in order to stay warm inside your house. So why am I here? Because my parents wanted to escape the helter skelter of life in the 'burbs of DC and go to the beach, which, during the winter, is populated by the old folks who live here year round. As grateful as I am that we have a beach house, I do NOT like being cramped here during the winter. Most people who only visit these quaint little beach towns in the summer don't know what they are like in the winter, well I'll tell you what its like -


It's like there was a massive evacuation of a town because of an airborne diesease that lethally effects anyone under the age of 60. No stores are open, the beach is useless unless I'm enough of a massochist to jump in and hope for hypotermia (there isn't a nearby hospital anyways, only a vet), it is cold outside, and your lucky to find a resturaunt that doesn't close at 8:00.


All I can do to keep myself entertained is my homework


...This will be interesting

No comments:

Post a Comment